What does the MPO do?
Since taking over the former Milk Board’s functions on 1 January 1998, the Milk Producers’ Organisation (MPO) has grown into South Africa’s foremost industry organisation. The MPO represents and empowers milk producers by rendering a variety of innovative services to and on behalf of milk producers.
The MPO is continuously adapting in order to meet the changing needs of milk producers in a dynamic agricultural environment. The MPO consists of able and skilled staff, who are all specialists in their own fields. The democratically elected board of directors plays an important role in the strategic focus of the MPO, as representatives of milk producers.
The MPO focuses on five strategic core functions:
- Market protection and promotion
- Technology transfer
- Information *
- Protection of member interests.
* Click HERE for the March 2014 Key Market Signals of Dr Koos Coetzee
* Click HERE for a video of Dr Koos Coetzee summarising the March 2014 Key Market Signals
* Click HERE for a video of Dr Koos Coetzee speaking about the February 2014 dairy imports and exports