Fonterra introduces new traceability technology

It is reported in the New Zealand press that Fonterra recently introduced new traceability technology enabling shoppers to use a unique QR code to check the authenticity of infant formula products before buying any. Shoppers of Fonterra’s infant formula brand Anmum can now scan the QR code on the product, which connects them to a webpage with information and a batch number verifying that it is authentic. According to Fonterra, 90 per cent of its global plants will be electronically connected with traceability data, with the remaining 10 per cent to be completed by 2019. To read more, click HERE.

Published on Wednesday, 19th April 2017 - 12:07